Frequent employment legislation means that without employment solicitors it is difficult for employers to keep up to date with the law. This makes employment law a nightmare for many employers.
At the extremes an employer may decide the law is far too complicated ever to be understood and so plunge into action regardless of the consequences; or an employer may be so terrified of a claim by an employee that they don’t dare do anything.
Either course of action can be very damaging to a business.
At Barker Gotelee the main objective for our employment solicitors is to help you manage your workforce and to minimise the chances of an employee bringing a successful claim against you.
We can advise you on:
- Employment contracts and employee handbooks
- Dealing with poor performance, ill health, misconduct and similar problems
- Investigation, disciplinary and dismissal meetings
- Unfair dismissal
- Discrimination problems
- Redundancy procedures (including large scale redundancies where collective consultation is required)
- Compromise agreements
- The employment law implications of transferring a business or a commercial contract (TUPE)
- Non-competition terms in employment contracts
- Relationships with trade unions
- Complex situations with senior employees who are also directors of, or shareholders in, the company
Whether in Suffolk, East Anglia, or beyond, our team of employment solicitors, based in Martlesham Heath, Ipswich, can help you defend employment tribunal claims or bring or defend employment claims brought through the courts.