The Road Transport Service From Our Business Solicitors
The ability to operate vehicles safely and lawfully is central to those in the road transport sector where the business solicitors at Barker Gotelee has a long established practice.
The law in this field has become very complex meaning that operators and drivers alike have to wrestle with many types of regulation covering drivers’ hours, dangerous goods, road transport working time, health and safety, animal transport and waste and operator licensing to name but a few. Common to them all is the need for operators to have systems in place which are robust and constantly monitor compliance levels within the business, to ensure safety, avoid prosecution and ensure the Operator’s Licence is retained.
Our team of business solicitors offer clients a dedicated service though their understanding of the current and future issues in this area of law. We understand operator and driver concerns and appreciate the specific issues which affect you.
Our work covers both goods and passenger sectors (LGV, HGV, PCV, PSV and taxi/private hire).
The Barker Gotelee business solicitors can offer you:
- Advice and assistance at interviews conducted by police or VOSA against operators or drivers
- Court representation in the Magistrates and Crown courts to defend prosecutions brought by VOSA, Police, Environment Agency, Councils or other bodies
- Operator licensing advice: applications and variations, operating centre issues, financial standing advice
- Public inquiries: advocacy before Traffic Commissioners
- Advice on acquisition or sale of transport businesses
- Advice on carriage of goods and contractual disputes
- Advice on employment issues: driver’s contracts, road transport working time, disciplinary procedures and redundancy, TUPE
- Advice on HGV and PSV licence issues
- Help with private hire and taxi licensing: including Council committee hearings
We regularly contribute to the commercial press and to legal journals on topical legal issues and lobby the Department of Transport and VOSA on planned initiatives.
Find out more about the services clients across East Anglia enjoy from our business solicitors based in Martlesham Heath, Ipswich.
Barker Gotelee are members of the Shipping & Logistics Support Alliance (SaLSA) – Delivering Expert Advice & Services to the Shipping & Logistics Industry