Our probate solicitors explain that probate is the process of administering someone’s financial affairs after they have died. At its simplest, this involves:
- Identifying and collecting in their assets
- Settling any debts, taxes and other liabilities
- Distributing the balance to the beneficiaries
The feedback we receive from clients indicates that they are impressed with the way in which our probate solicitors efficiently administer estates on their behalf.
We are particularly experienced in dealing with tax issues and complex estates, for example, those involving family businesses and partnerships or property abroad. Often clients are referred to our probate solicitors because of our excellent reputation.
Some clients ask us to administer the whole estate on their behalf and, at the other end of the scale, some clients just want help in applying for the Grant of Representation.
We would encourage all executors to take advantage of our fixed fee interview service. We will:
- Explain the steps involved in administering an estate
- Spot potential complications
- Explain your rights, duties and potential liabilities
- Identify tax-saving and other estate planning opportunities
Our probate solicitors are often able to offer other fixed fee services. Please ask about them.
The Barker Gotelee probate solicitors are based from our offices in Martlesham Heath, Ipswich and offer services to clients in Suffolk, including Ipswich, Woodbridge and Aldeburgh, as well as in East Anglia and further afield.