10 reasons to use an SFE accredited lawyer
Solicitors for the Elderly (SFE) is a community of trusted advisors – professionally highly qualified and regulated and who also have additional skills to enable them to work with older and vulnerable clients.
But why should you take the time to find and use an accredited SFE lawyer?
The decisions and plans you make now will have a huge impact on your later life. Getting them right is essential. An SFE accredited lawyer is an expert in older client law and will ensure you get the best possible legal advice for your future.
- Know their stuff – Our members are qualified solicitors, barristers and legal executives who specialise in advising older and vulnerable people and their families and carers.
- Have years of experience – SFE lawyers have substantial experience built up over many years of focussing on this area of law.
- Are independently accredited – SFE lawyers have all undertaken additional specialist training in older client law to qualify for the Older Client Care in Practice Award, which is independently accredited.
- Follow a strict code of conduct – SFE lawyers understand the issues affecting older and vulnerable clients and follow a strict code of practice that has respect and dignity at its heart.
- Speak in language you understand – There is so much jargon in the legal profession. SFE lawyers communicate in clear straightforward language to make sure you understand everything you are signing.
- Are part of a community of experts – SFE lawyers have a community of more than 1500 members to draw on, so no matter how complex or sensitive your case, you will receive the best legal advice.
- Safeguard your interests – An SFE lawyer is committed to providing affordable, high quality legal advice, and will ensure any decisions are your own.
- Understand the bigger picture – SFE lawyers understand the wider, and often sensitive, issues around health, care and family that might affect your plans for later life.
- Offer the best possible care and support – SFE lawyers care. They go above and beyond to provide support that is tailored to your needs and individual circumstances.
- Get the best possible outcome – Ultimately, choosing an SFE lawyer means you’ll be guided through this complex and sensitive area of law and will enable you to lay solid foundations to protect you and your loved ones in later life.
At Barker Gotelee several of our lawyers are accredited with Solicitors for the Elderly. If you need help with any personal legal matters, contact us.
Rebecca Dixon is an SFE accredited solicitor in the private client department at Barker Gotelee, Suffolk solicitors.