Conveyancing Solicitors Ipswich – Declaring how joint owners own their property

‘If you buy a property in joint names it is important to consider how you intend to share the ownership.  The Land Registry has introduced a new form, ‘JO’, to make it easier to declare your respective shares at the time you acquire a property.  Recording this in writing when you purchase the property can avoid future disputes if one of you dies, your relationship breaks down or you want to sell the property.  Form JO can be completed by your solicitor between exchange of contracts and completion and sent to the Land Registry with the registration of your purchase and mortgage.’

Linda Mulrooney is a property executive at Barker Gotelee, solicitors in Ipswich.

Conveyancing Solicitors – click here for more information on our range of services