If at any time you would like to discuss with us how our service to you could be improved, or if you are dissatisfied with the service you are receiving, please let us know by contacting the person dealing with your matter, or the firm’s Client Care Partner, James Skellorn (by post: 41 Barrack Square, Martlesham Heath, Ipswich IP5 3RF; by telephone: 01473 611211; or by email: email@example.com).
We shall look at any complaint carefully and promptly, and do all we can to explain the position to you. If we have given you less than satisfactory service, we shall try to do everything reasonable to put it right.
We have a Complaints Handling Procedure which can be read here.
In the event of you not being satisfied by our response to your complaint, you may refer the matter to:
- the Legal Ombudsman – an independent and impartial complaints handling body
– for complaints about poor service
– complaints must be referred to the Legal Ombudsman within six months of our final response to your complaint
- the Solicitors Regulation Authority (SRA) – the regulator of solicitors and law firms in England and Wales
– for complaints about breaches of the SRA principles
Both organisations will refer to each other if necessary.
Contact details for the Legal Ombudsman are:
Postal address: Legal Ombudsman, PO Box 6806, Wolverhampton, WV1 9WJ.
Telephone: 0300 555 0333 (9 am – 5 pm)
Contact details for the Solicitors Regulation Authority (SRA) are:
Postal address: Solicitors Regulation Authority, The Cube, 199 Wharfside, Birmingham B1 1RN
Telephone: 0370 606 2555 (Monday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday 8am – 6pm) (Tuesday 9.30am – 6 pm)
Fax: 0121 616 1999