The information we collect
We may collect data from you in the following ways:
- you may choose to provide us with personal data, for example your name or email address;
- we may request further information from you from time to time following any contact you have made through our website or by email.
Some of this will inevitably comprise personal data.
How we use the information we collect
We gather this information to allow us, our employees, agents, consultants or sub-contractors to:
- process your request or application (we might use data to process or respond to any request or application you might make to us);
- develop our website and services (we might use data to monitor website usage and to develop and improve our website);
- compile anonymous statistics (we might use data to compile anonymous statistics for ourselves and other reputable third parties, however these statistics do not enable any third party to identify you);
- conduct various marketing activities: in addition we may use the data provided by you to update our records.
- provide your information to our customer service agencies for research and analysis purposes so that we can monitor and improve the services we provide. We or our agents and sub-contractors may contact you as required to ask you for your feedback and comments on our services.
A “cookie” is a small text file that a website can send to your computer to be stored on the hard drive or in your device’s memory.
The cookies used allow our web server to recognise your computer when you return to our site. By gathering this information we hope to improve the quality of our website.
You may set up your computer to reject cookies by enabling your web browser to block them. The procedure for refusal of cookies will vary for different software. Please check with your internet browser help, or your software supplier, if you wish to block cookies.
How we protect your information
We will keep your information confidential in accordance with our internal procedures which cover the storage, access and disclosure of your information.
Please note that the internet is not a secure medium and communication through this website between you and us may not be secure. For this reason, please do not send us email that contains confidential or sensitive information.
Sale of business
If Barker Gotelee is sold or integrated with another business, or it is proposed to do so, your details may be disclosed to our advisers and any prospective purchasers and their advisers and will be passed on to the new owners of the business.
Updating your details
If any of the information that you have provided to us changes, or if you wish to cancel your request, please let us know by sending an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We may be required to disclose data by a court order or to comply with other legal or regulatory requirements. We will use reasonable endeavours to notify you before doing so, unless we are legally restricted from doing so.
How to contact us