It is critical that road transport businesses adhere to industry law. Our specialist solicitors offer reliable advice and guidance to clients operating in the goods and passenger sectors.
Our solicitors are highly experienced in road transport law, covering issues at the core of the industry.
We understand the laws that our clients must adhere to. Not only must they have robust systems in place, but they also need to monitor compliance levels to ensure safety, to avoid prosecution and to retain the operator’s licence.
We are here to help you navigate around the hazards, whether you need legal assistance on drivers’ hours, dangerous goods, road transport working time, health and safety, animal transport, among other issues.
Our specialist team offers a dedicated service to clients in both the goods and passenger sectors (LGV, HGV, PCV, PSV and taxi / private hire).
Clients across East Anglia rely on us for help on issues including:
- Support for interviews conducted by police or VOSA against operators or drivers
- Court representation in magistrates and crown courts to defend prosecutions brought by VOSA, the police, the Environment Agency, councils or other bodies
- Public inquiries, e.g. advocacy before traffic commissioners
- Operator licensing advice, e.g. applications and variations, operating centre issues, financial standing advice
- Advice on the acquisition or sale of transport businesses
- Guidance on the carriage of goods and contractual disputes
- Employment issues such as drivers’ contracts, road transport working time, disciplinary procedures and redundancy, TUPE
- Assistance on HGV and PSV licence issues
- Help with private hire and taxi licensing including council committee hearings
Contact us, we are here to help.