Sam is a solicitor in our property team developing specialisms in agricultural law and agricultural and commercial property. He grew up and lives in Felixstowe out on the Suffolk Coast.
Sam joined Barker Gotelee in 2015 and completed his training contract in June 2018. He graduated from the University of Essex with an LLB Law degree in 2015 and subsequently completed his Legal Practice Course which he studied in Cambridge. He formally qualified as a solicitor in July 2018.
Sam has developed particular experience and expertise in handling a wide variety of agricultural and commercial property transactions and matters including:
- Sales and purchases of farmland (including cottages, barns and outbuildings and farmhouses);
- Assisting on the property aspects of estate planning for farmers and maximising tax reliefs available;
- Partnership agreements and partitions;
- Negotiating Farm Business Tenancies and surrender agreements;
- Selling farmland to developers;
- Acquiring property and land for planning and development projects and farm building conversions; and
- Overage agreements.
“My job isn’t just about the law, it’s also about people. My passion is building solid relationships with my clients and fellow professionals through a combination of practical advice and a personable touch; I want people to feel that they can approach me with any problem, big or small.”
“Sam has been brilliant from start to finish and corresponded with us at every step and in a timely fashion. We have no doubt that had we not instructed the help of your services we would not have achieved the satisfactory conclusion that we did.”
“Through all of this Sam was intelligent, very knowledgeable, honest, polite and frankly just an all-round smashing fellow. I trusted him and hence, Barker Gotelee, completely.”
When he is not shifting weights in the gym, Sam is a keen golfer and trying to maintain his ‘7’ handicap.