Sarah Mower is a Chartered Legal Executive and specialises in Insolvency and Business Recovery. Sarah advises insolvency practitioners, creditors, debtors and directors on a wide range of corporate and personal insolvency-related issues.
Sarah joined Barker Gotelee from a large regional firm and has over 12 years’ experience in insolvency related work. Sarah has developed particular expertise in all aspects of contentious insolvency work, including:
- making applications to obtain information on behalf of office holders under s236/s366 IA 1986;
- interviewing directors, bankrupts and third parties to obtain information in relation to their affairs and dealings;
- advising in relation to potential transaction avoidance claims (for example: transactions at an undervalue, preference and transactions defrauding creditors);
- advising in relation to potential claims against delinquent directors (for example: wrongful trading, fraudulent trading, breach of duty, misfeasance);
- advising in relation to the recovery of book debts and other assets, including foreign assets;
- advising on the scope of office holders’ powers;
- advising on the duties of insolvent individuals and directors;
- preparing statutory demands and bankruptcy petitions;
- dealing with applications for annulment of bankruptcy orders; and
- preparing winding-up petitions on behalf of creditors, supervisors and directors;
Sarah principally works alongside Partner John Bradshaw who leads the Insolvency and Business Recovery Team. In addition her litigation experience in both the High Court and the County Court enables her to provide support for Partner Dermott Thomas who leads the Dispute Resolution Team.
Legal 500 2020
In the Legal 500 2020 edition, Sarah Mower was listed as a ‘Rising Star’ within the Restructuring and Insolvency category.
Legal 500 2018/19
‘John Bradshaw and legal executive Sarah Mower provide ‘a continuous high standard of service; they have bags of technical ability and tactical nous, and they are superb with clients‘.
Legal 500 2017
Chartered legal executive Sarah Mower ‘deals with matters quickly and efficiently’ and stands out for insolvency litigation.
Legal 500 2016
Barker Gotelee’s ‘knowledgeable, efficient and user-friendly’ practice includes John Bradshaw and chartered legal executive Sarah Mower, who are ‘extremely friendly and have a good understanding of insolvency law’. They advised a liquidator on a retention of title claim by an overseas supplier.
01473 617304 or 07850 772631