Finding your way through the labyrinth of employment law can be complicated and overwhelming. Our specialist solicitors will guide you to the most positive outcome possible.
Our employment law team at Barker Gotelee have a wide range of experience in assisting businesses with claims made against them or helping them take action against an employee who has acted against the terms of their employment. Our aim is to take the pressure off of your business and maintain your reputation as an employer.
Based in Martlesham Heath, near Ipswich, Suffolk, we work on a broad range of projects, including:
Creation of Employee Contracts and Handbooks
- Drafting and negotiating employment contracts requires care and precision. There are a great deal of legal aspects and possibilities to cover to ensure that your business can fully rely on the contract to assist during a dispute or claim. Employee handbooks can be overlooked and are generally considered simpler to prepare than contracts. Whilst true in a sense, it is essential that they are written correctly and provide the right information to your employees.
Employment Tribunal Claims
- Should you have to deal with the unfortunate situation of an employment tribunal claim then our team can help navigate the process. Whether a grievance case from a former employee, unequal pay claims or redundancy payments, it can be stressful and a time to seek reassuring professional advice. Clearly a worst case scenario, Employment Tribunal Claims have the potential to severely damage a business’ reputation. Our team can help you navigate the process whilst providing legally sound and practical advice to achieve the best outcome possible.
Dealing with Poor Performance, Ill Health, Misconduct and Similar Problems
- If you feel you need to bring a case against an employee with poor performance or misconduct issues then it is very important to say the right things at the right times, carefully. Sound legal advice can be invaluable in these cases, particularly if the issue escalates.
Investigation, Disciplinary and Dismissal Meetings
- These types of meetings, if conducted correctly, can be the difference in a successful claim. They are incredibly important as procedural steps and must be carried out in the correct way. Of course, they can also lead to heated exchanges and tension in the workplace which can both be harmful to your business. Our team can provide a legal presence for your peace of mind and their aim is to calm the situation and focus all parties’ minds on the core of the issue.
We also cover:
- Unfair dismissal
- Discrimination problems
- Redundancy procedures (including large scale redundancies where collective consultation is required)
- Compromise agreements
- The employment law implications of transferring a business or a commercial contract (TUPE)
- Non-competition terms in employment contracts
- Relationships with trade unions
- Complex situations with senior employees who are also directors or shareholders
Speak with our employment law solicitors about your concerns. We would be delighted to help you and your business.
Contact us, we are here to help.